CLOSE PROTECTION COURSE CONTENT
Our CPO Specialist course is a twenty-three (23) day intensive programme. The training comprises both classroom (theory) and practical (live drills) and includes SASSETA Unit Standards from the close protection syllabus.
This course is perfectly suited to those entering the close protection industry as well as for candidates who would like to work towards the CPO skills program.
R23 000.00 per candidate, excluding accommodation.
Upcoming Training Dates:
03rd July 2023 – 28th July 2023
06th November 2023 – 01st December 2023
DURATION: TWENTY-THREE (23) DAY COURSE (MIN. 6 CANDIDATES BOOKED)
- Age – preferably between 20 and 40 years of age (exceptions may be condoned in consultation with D&K, provided all other requirements are met).
- A valid light motor vehicle Driver’s License (code 08).
- In good health and not suffering from a communicable disease. Preferably, a medical certificate declaring him/her fit for physical fitness training.
- A reasonable level of fitness, details as follows:
- Run 500 metres in less than 2.5 minutes.
- 35 push-ups, 35 sit-ups, 8 pull-ups and 35 free squats in no more than 60 seconds per exercise.
- 10 x 25 metre shuttle run in 90 seconds.
- Preferably in possession of a Grade 12 (Matric) qualification and be fully literate (reading and writing) in English.
- Handle and Use of a Handgun for Private Use (including law)– should you not have this competency, we can include it on the course, however, this would be at an additional fee of R2 500.00.
- No time constraints during the programme presentation period.
- 4 x Certified copies of your ID or Passport.
- 1 x Certified copy of your driver's license.
- 1 x Certified copy of your firearm license (if you have one – not imperative)
- 1 x Certified copy of your highest qualification achieved.
- 1 x copy of your CV.
Our training academy provides a light breakfast and lunch to our candidates during the training programme. We also provide tea, coffee and juice during the course.
In the event that a candidate has special nutritional requirements, this needs to be communicated to us timeously in order for these needs to be accommodated.
Who Should Attend?
Global Bodyguard Services provides specialist training to those individuals who wish to pursue a career in the field of VIP protection. Our training programmes are designed to deliver the highest level of training to those with little or no previous training or experience, as well as to those CPO’s who have vast experience but are looking to advance their skills toolbox.
The training courses are presented in both a corporate conference facility as well as ‘in the field’ practical training.
Please note that as we are an accredited training academy dedicated to delivering the highest level of training, all our candidates are required to attend the entire programme for that specific course. The training is both mentally challenging and physically intensive and takes place from 08h00 to 17h30 week days, 09h00 to 14h00 on Saturday’s (this is a guide line only and is subject to change) and Sunday’s are at leisure.
Candidates will be expected to complete special assignments and projects, often after hours. These assignments are performed to give our facilitators/instructors a clear understanding of the candidate’s competency on various topics.
Live firearm handling and training does take place on our courses. South African candidates will be required to complete both the “Demonstrate Knowledge of Firearms Control Act”, SASSETA unit standard 117705 and “Handle and Use of a Handgun”, SASSETA unit standard 119649. All candidates who may have already completed the abovementioned unit standards must supply proof of such. If not, then you will be required to complete this part of the programme as well.
The course cost does include 50 rounds of ammunition per candidate. Additional costs will apply for further ammunition supplied if a candidate does not achieve competency within the prescribed 50 rounds supplied.
Please note that you need your own vehicle in order to get to the training centre, practical training venues, advanced driving and firearm venue.
Courses are only considered booked once the candidate has paid the full amount of the course not later than 3 weeks prior to commencement of the chosen course and has submitted the proof of payment as well as the completed registration form.
Courses are subject to a minimum of 6 candidates booked and paid for. Global Bodyguard Services reserves the right to cancel any courses and, should this occur, deposits paid will be refunded with immediate effect.
You have a 7-day cooling off period, within which you can cancel with full refund.
After the 7-day cooling off period, this agreement is binding and you are fully responsible for all fees.
If a candidate/company/institution pays the fees in advance, and then cancels, that candidate/company/institution will be refunded less a cancellation fee as well as any payments already made to service providers.
Global Bodyguard Services is a proudly South African company and we look forward to hosting you on one or more of our specifically designed training programmes.